Sunday, January 8, 2017

Resolutions.

January 8, 2016
Day 119

Long ago, far away
Life was clear
Close your eyes

Remember, is a place from long ago
Remember, filled with everything you know
Remember, when you're sad and feeling down
Remember, turn around
Remember, life is just a memory
Remember, close your eyes and you can see
Remember, think of all that life can be
Remember

-"Remember" by Harry Nilsson



     I've been writing and erasing for 30 minutes now. So I'm going to list what I want to say since my words are jumbled tonight:

1. Those three lines got me today:

Long ago, far away
Life was clear
Close your eyes

2. Long ago, life was clear. Life was simple.

3. Time marches on.

4. We think the world is easier to live in now than it was 20 years ago.

5. I think it's hard. And getting harder.

6. I worry about what it will be like for my children.

7. I know I have to do something to change it.

8. I came up with an idea: 100 days. I like to do things in 100 day periods. It just makes sense to me.

9. For 100 days, Matt and Patty and I will not scroll through Facebook. For 100 days, we will eat clean. For 100 days, we will exercise. For 100 days, we will work on spending more time together as a family. For 100 days, we will not sit mindlessly on our phones and zone out--missing out on important time we could be spending together. In short, for 100 days, we will strive to live with more simplicity.

10. 100 days starts tomorrow. I'm so looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to life being clear. I'm looking forward to seeing all that life can be.


     Thankful for resolutions. Not New Year's resolutions. Life resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment