Monday, April 5, 2021

Simple Mondays.

April 5, 2021
Day 1,612

     Thankful for a wonderful Monday. I love it when Mondays are easy and lazy. I got some schoolwork done in the morning while I watched Everybody Loves Raymond. I drank a lovely latte while I worked. I think foam made from half and half is just as delicious as eating a bowl of ice cream. The bitter espresso paired with the sweet foamy goodness is perfection. We had a long lunch of lots of little things: homemade bread, pesto, some ham, some homemade mac and cheese (compliments of my sister), some olives, Addy had some soup. Matt and I retired to our bedroom for some afternoon delight and some more afternoon delight and a nap. The kids played outside. I went grocery shopping for the week. I love going to the grocery store and filling my cart with delicious fruits and vegetables and sheep's milk feta and curly leaf parsley. The only time I don't get curly leaf parsley at the store is when I already have it at home. It's the best. We had burgers for dinner. I'm currently roasting a chicken for tomorrow's dinner, and it smells wonderful. Thankful for a short week this week at school. I only have to teach virtually for Tuesday and Wednesday. I get all my kids back five days a week starting on Thursday, but I'm treating Thursday and Friday like the first days of school again so they'll be easy, fun days. 

     Thankful for simple Mondays. Thankful for time at home with the loves of my life. Thankful for yellow flowers blooming everywhere. Thankful for the warm sun paired with cool breezes. Thankful that Tuesday begins the 4th quarter of this school year. Thankful that this hard school year is coming to a close. Thankful that I will have all my students together in one big classroom starting on Thursday. I'm excited to see them all together as one big class. Thankful for an easy week coming up. Thankful for many, many things to be thankful for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment