Wednesday, April 21, 2021

I love looking at his face.

April 21, 2021
Day 1,628

     Thankful for the end of this long day. It was a good day, but it was long. Here are the best things about this Wednesday: 

1. Reading to my kids at night. We're reading Farmer Boy. I could read the Little House books over and over again. I'm excited to be reading them for the first time to Tobin. 

2. Cuddling in bed with Tobin until he fell asleep. He was tired, but he'll stay up if I let him. If I go in and snuggle with him, he falls right to sleep. He gets to bed early, and I get to be cozy with my boy. What could be better? After he fell asleep, I laid there and looked at his face for a good ten minutes. Tobin is such a sweet, cute, beautiful human being. I love looking at his face. 

3. My home smells of garlic and butter and parmesan. It's a lovely smell. I love the smell of garlic cooking in a whole mess of good butter. 

4. Higbee was cuddling with Tobin while he did his nebulizer treatment tonight. Higbee was basically laying on top of him. It was very sweet. 

5. We had green beans for dinner tonight. That makes Higbee so happy because he absolutely loves green beans. 

6. Matt greeted me in the garage with his hands on his hips and a question, "What took you so long?" I love it when he misses me a lot. 

7. Matt helped me clean up the kitchen.

8. Matt helped Tobin with his homework while I made lunches. 

9. Adelyn had to interview Matt for a history homework assignment. I loved listening to his answers. 

10. Adelyn wanted to do her homework in bed in my room. She said she just wanted to be near me. She's such a beautiful person. She's so sassy, but she's strong. She won't take any crap from anyone when she grows up. I'm glad of that. 

11. Hot tea and tiny bowl of blister peanuts. 

12. A delicious new dinner I tried tonight. 

13. The neighbor brought us carrot cake. It's delicious. 

14. Tomorrow is Thursday and the next day is Friday. 

15. The feeling of being home with all the great loves of my life. 

16. The feeling of knowing Matt and Higbee are at home together while I'm at work. I love to think of them watching TV on the couch together cuddled up with blankets. 

17. Today was cold, and it made me so happy. I want more cold days. 

18. Flowers on my deck. And herbs, too. 

19. A lovely Wednesday. 

20. This blog and things to be thankful for. 





No comments:

Post a Comment