Wednesday, April 28, 2021

My lavender is starting to grow.

April 28, 2021
Day 1,635

Today, I am thankful for these things: 

1. My comfortable car and the cold, cold air conditioning. 

2. Frogs and cicadas singing to each other in the evenings in the woods. 

3. The sound of a hawk in the woods. 

4. The fullness and the very green of the woods right now. 

5. The feeling of sitting still and quiet in my bed. 

6. A quick cat nap on the couch after dinner. 

7. My sister's birthday is tomorrow. 

8. Kids making birthday cards. 

9. Matt brought home pizza for dinner. 

10. Matt did the dishes today. 

11. Matt hugged me today. 

12. Tobin was happy to see me when I came home. 

13. Higbee was happy to see me when I came home. 

14. A simple dinner of toast, tomato, and feta cheese. 

15. Time to crochet. 

16. Plans to get up early to get my sister a Chick-fil-a breakfast meal for her birthday tomorrow. 

17. Time to water the plants on the deck. 

18. My lavender is starting to grow. 

19. The fullness and the very green of the forest right now. 

20. The sound of a hawk in the forest. 

21. Time to watch Everybody Loves Raymond. 

22. Music. I like songs that you can really sing along with. Out loud. At the top of your lungs. While driving in the car. 

23. My students having fun this week. They are all asking me to play with them, and I'm happy to sit with them and and play board games during this week of IOWA testing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment