Saturday, February 23, 2013

Long Lost Family

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 53

     Went to my cousin's baby shower today. Love baby showers. Girl talk. Baby talk. Enough said, right? I also got to see family members that I have not seen in years!?! How does that happen? Personally, I know I always say to myself, "I need to get together with her," or "I should host a big family dinner sometime." But, the years go by, and it doesn't happen. So sad. Seeing family today reminded me that, family is a part of one's history. And history--our past, our childhood, our lives leading up to the present--makes us who we are.

     I must find time for family. I'm thankful for today, because it showed me that I need to stop saying, "I'm busy, I'll do a family dinner next year...when things aren't so hectic for me." The years come and go. I've been wanting to host a big family dinner at my house for forever...so, I'm going to stop contemplating, and start planning.

     Thankful for today. Thankful for family. Thankful for the history I have with my family. Thankful for the new little cousin that will be joining our family soon. Can't wait to meet him!

Adelyn's new princess nightgown.


Sweet tired boy.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment