Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Stop growing up, Tobin!

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 50

     There were two huge firsts in our house today. And I'm not sure how I feel about it. Tobin tried some rice cereal for the first time today. My sweet boy. Eating from a spoon already. I guess I shouldn't get too upset. The whole "eating from a spoon" thing didn't really happen. I don't think he actually ingested one bite of the cereal. I guess it's just the whole concept. We are moving to the next stage. He's sitting in a high chair. And I'm trying to teach him to eat from a spoon. How can it be that my boy is four months already?

     The other first...I could actually cry about it. He's sleeping in his crib for the first time tonight. He's too big for the snuggle nest now. And he's been sleeping through the night for weeks, so it was time. Time isn't just marching on. It's sprinting on. Flying.

     To make up for this rapid period of growth, and because Adelyn actually napped today, I found it necessary to hold Tobin while he napped. I nursed him in bed, and then just watched him sleep. He is so amazing. While I was watching him sleep, I started to think about how around this time last year, he was just a tiny bean-shaped baby living inside me.

     I'm so thankful for my sweet little boy. He is so beautiful and sweet. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect son. I'm so in love with him. And I'm so thankful that I got a couple hours today where I could just hold him, and stare at him. Examine his eyelashes, his lips, his perfect cheeks, his fingers, his hair, his ears. Thankful that even though time sprints on, there are moments like his nap today. When I can spend all the time I want, and then some, holding my baby.

































Adelyn yelling at Casey to get off her princess couch!


Casey...teasing! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment