Sunday, February 17, 2013

Full House/ Muffins/ Tobin loves me.


Project 365 * 2 -- Day 48

     Spent the day at my parent's house. Me, Adelyn, Tobin, Patty, Casey, Sophia, Shane, and my parents. It was definitely a full house. The kids worked on some crafty things in the kitchen. They played with all the cool toys that Omi has. We played outside for about 15 minutes before we called it quits. It was way too cold and windy out today for little ones. Had some lovely things to eat. Homemade chicken noodle soup, homemade muffins, grilled cheese sandwiches. My family is on a major grilled cheese kick at the moment. Again, I'm in awe of how my Dad will just whip something up with no recipe involved. He wanted to make muffins. So he just made them. No recipe. Who does that? And not just any old muffin. Pecan muffins with a cinnamon and pecan crumble topping. Filled with a sweet cream cheese filling. They tasted more like cupcakes than muffins, honestly. They were the best muffins I've ever had. I know someone might be reading this thinking, come on, the best muffins you've ever tasted? Give me a break. But somewhere out there, someone's Dad really does make the best muffins in the world. Why can't it be my Dad? And his muffins?

     My Mom and I tried to escape to Trader Joe's while Tobin was sleeping, and Adelyn and Casey were busy watching, The Lorax. We got a call halfway through our shopping trip. Tobin was up. And he wasn't happy I was gone. Makes me smile when I think about how much he needs me.

     Thankful for a full house. A full house that is filled with the sound of children playing, laughter, and love. Thankful for my Dad, and the best muffins in the world. Thankful for my short trip to the store with my Mom. Any amount of girl time these days, no matter how short, is treasured. I love talking with my Mom. I'm blessed to call her one of my best friends. But, then again, I'm blessed to call every member of my family my best friend. I'm seriously blessed. Thankful that my sweet Tobin loves me and needs me so much.

     P.S. Something else that made me smile today was this: Shane came into the kitchen when we first arrived wearing mesh shorts. Adelyn took one puzzled look at him, and said, "Those are my Dada's pants."

Best muffins ever.

Adelyn slurping some delicious soup.

This was taken after we all devoured the whole pot. Only a bit was left...




THIS is one of two pictures I could capture of Casey boy today. He is moving WAY too fast lately.


No joke, this is how Tobin sleeps EVERY single night. Both hands behind his head.

Sweet sleeping Goose.





No comments:

Post a Comment