Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 41

     Sunday means one thing to me. Family day. I so look forward to Sundays. Tonight, my parents brought homemade Minestrone soup for dinner. As well as all the fixings for making the best grilled cheese sandwiches ever. And tater tots. My Dad made the grilled cheese. When he makes grilled cheese, it's not just a lone piece of cheese sandwiched between two pieces of bread. Oh, no. It is three different kinds of cheeses. Smoked gouda, munster, and swiss. Also, some black forest ham. And some prosciutto. They were so tasty. And the soup was amazing. My Mom made the soup. Swiss chard, cabbage, carrots, zucchini, celery, tomato, beans. With lots of parmesan mixed in, and on top.

     After dinner, I made popcorn in the air popper (makes the best popcorn). And we all watched, The Lorax. Patty, Sophia, Tobin, and I only watched about ten minutes. Then it was cousin bath time. One of my two favorite moments this evening was seeing my entire family cuddled up watching a movie together. The other was watching my Dad, Casey, and Adelyn have dessert at the pink table. They had some ice cream. It reminded me of Florida, and my Grandparents, and how much fun we had eating dessert at the pink table when we were kids. Made me smile to see the next generation of kids having fun eating dessert there.

     I am so thankful for family. I'm thankful for all the laughter and love they bring.








































No comments:

Post a Comment