Monday, February 11, 2013

When the husbands are away... & Surprise Visit from Grandma

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 42

     Patty and I love when our husbands are home and not working. Let me just say that first. However, we have both noted that on days when our husbands are working, we don't worry much about making a huge dinner. Patty and I can eat weird stuff for dinner. We can eat dinners that don't make sense. Things that don't go together. And it doesn't matter. For example, the other night we went to Patty's house for dinner. Both Matt and AJ were working. We had spaghetti, fruit, and chicken soup with tons of celery, celery leaves, and carrots. It was such good soup. Celery leaf soup. Seriously. Make it. It's awesome! Tonight, Patty, Casey, and Sophia came to our house for dinner. I made roasted carrots, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted red potatoes. We had that with some red grapes. It was lovely. Roasted carrots are my favorite food right now. I crave them!

     Thankful that Patty and I live so close. I would be lost without her. It's the little things...like the invention of celery leaf soup...that make me so thankful for her, and it makes me love her even more.


     I was surprised to hear a knock at the door tonight after dinner. Grandma came to visit. I would have known she was coming to visit had my phone been working. (Seriously, does Verizon send viruses to phones over 2 years old? It seems like as soon as you can get your upgrade, your phone starts acting strange!) Anyways, she came with sweet Valentines for Adelyn and Tobin. Addy B was super happy to see her Grandma. She immediately took her by the hand and said, "wanna come see my room?" She made Grandma read for about 30 minutes. Then Addy and Grandma had a picnic in the basement. It's always a fun day when Grandma comes to visit.

     Thankful that Sue lives 30 minutes away now, instead of 12 hours away. It makes surprise visits much more possible. :)


     Also thankful for amazing sunsets. Is there anything more beautiful and colorful than a gorgeous sunset? I love amazing sunsets.



















    


No comments:

Post a Comment