Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pee problems and other funny stuff.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 34

    
 Pee Problems

     Casey is currently potty training. So crazy to me. He's having a hard time using the bathroom anywhere but at home. He will literally hold it all day to avoid using the bathroom anywhere else. He dances around often, and yells out, "Mama, I have to go potty!" Patty runs over and helps him to the bathroom, only to have him sit and sit and sit and sit and sit. He doesn't go, and then he says he's done.

     Casey's potty training adventures reminded Patty and I of Shane when he was little. The three of us were at a playground once, and Shane had to go bad. We were too far away from home for us to make it, so Patty and I told Shane that it was okay for boys to pee outside once in a while. It took us so long to convince him that we probably could have made it home in time for him to go. Regardless, we finally convinced him to go behind a tree. Patty and I were super happy because it meant the three of us could keep playing, and not have to stop and take Shane home. No harm in teaching a little boy to pee in the woods, right?

     A couple of days later, we were all outside playing, when Shane--to our horror--pulled down his pants, and started peeing on the neighbor's flowers. We had a long conversation about how he could pee in the woods sometimes, but not on the neighbor's flowers. Couple of days or so after that, Shane exited our house, went straight to the neighbor's flowers, and yep. You guessed it. Peed on them.

     We were so glad we taught him to pee outside. I'm sure my parents were, too.  


Other funny stuff

     Adelyn is going through a princess phase. She refuses to wear anything but dresses. And she would prefer that they all be pink dresses. Matt and I have been trying to convince her that princesses wear other colors too. There aren't enough pink dresses to go around. Especially, because she insists on wearing a dress to bed as well. Oh yeah, and her ballerina slippers too. Morning, noon, and night. And in bed, too. Dress and ballerina slippers. Her new uniform.

     Last night, I gave Addy her one gummy bear after dinner. She smiled at me, and said, "Mmmm, I love candy," as she popped it in her mouth.

     Tobin has discovered that he can make noise. And he likes to make noise all day. Also, he has decided that he would really not like to be without me at all. He wants me, all the time. Awake time. Nap time. Bed time. And today, when his Oma was holding him, he got lonely for me, started crying, and looked around for me. Made me smile.

   

     Thankful for Casey and Shane. Thankful for Adelyn, my princess. And Tobin, my little Mama's boy. Thankful for sweet Sophia. Thankful for my parents, Matt, and AJ. Thankful we had such a lovely little super bowl party. And I'm thankful that even though our family days are bit loud and busy and messy, and sometimes we eat late because we have four babies...it's okay. Because we are together and that's all that matters. 


Kisses

Adelyn looking snazzy today. Dress and ballet shoes.



Love this smile.

Nap

Nap




Addy kissing Tobin's hand. So sweet.

My handsome guy.

Smiles for Oma.


Kids eating dinner at the pink table.

Shane. Turning on the smoulder.

Sophia.

Watching Toy Story.






















No comments:

Post a Comment