Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Sun

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 43

     I have a love/hate relationship with the sun. Most days, I despise the sun. Probably just because I hate the heat. Like seriously, I hate the heat. I hate to be hot. It makes me insane. It makes me mad.

     However, there are rare days like today--when there isn't a cloud in the sky, and the sun is shining brightly--that I love it. From the moment I woke up, I wanted to get out. I wanted to run out the front door and soak in the sun. Guess I'm in need of some Vitamin D.

     When I was out with my kids today, I noticed something else about the sun. It brings out the most beautiful qualities in my children's eyes and hair. There is something about the bright light of the sun that allows you to see very clearly things that you were missing before. Things like the many different colors and shades of blue in both Adelyn's and Tobin's eyes. The most beautiful blues I've ever seen. Each tiny shade of blue overlapping with the next to create a blue that seems almost artificial.

     Adelyn's blond hair is so beautiful in the sunlight. She must have at least 20 different shades of blond on her head. It's amazing, really. You can pick out dirty blond, honey blond, platinum blond, white...it's amazing hair. I want to take her to the salon, and say, "see her hair, make my hair look like hers." And Tobin's hair in the sunlight is looking white blond. Matt had blond hair so blond as a kid that it was basically white. I think Tobin's hair will end up looking that way. His dark hair is ever so slowly fading, and as the sun revealed today, he has tiny white hairs all over now.

     Thankful that we got outside today, and got some fresh air. Thankful the sun reminded me today of just how gorgeous my babies are.

Roxy enjoying the fresh air.




Activities for outside.

Going fishing.

She got one!





She's not drinking the water, I swear. Btw...Matt took the last three pics!












No comments:

Post a Comment