Saturday, February 2, 2013

Three Knocks on the Wall

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 33

     When my sister and I were little, and before we shared a room, we came up with a communication system using the shared wall between us. This was our language:

1. Two knocks meant, goodnight.
2. Three knocks meant, I love you.
3. Scratching in a large circle meant, come to my room.

     Most every night would start off the same way. Two knocks. Two knocks back. Three knocks. Three knocks back. A short period of silence followed by scratching in a large circle. The next noise would be the creak of my door opening. And the silhouette of Patty creeping in on her tip toes. She would climb into bed with me, we would talk briefly, and we were off to sleep.

     I've been missing my sister. And it was the highlight of my day to spend the morning with her, and her sweet babies. Thankful for the love and friendship of my very best, best friend.

     (Three Knocks)


Casey enjoying lunch at our house. Grilled cheese, apple slices, and homemade bean and barley chicken soup. Yum!


How I found Adelyn sleeping today during nap.

Looks comfy!

My sweet sleeper.


When I checked on her again, she had moved to the floor.

Addy waking up...

My beauty.














No comments:

Post a Comment