Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Here are the best three things about my day.

Project 365 * 4
Day 429

1. Even though I was a complete bitch to Patty this morning, she still made me a latte for my morning drive. Want to know why I was a bitch? Oh, because she called to tell me that Sophia had thrown up in her crib so she couldn't drive the kids to school today. And my initial reaction was not to ask how poor Sophia was feeling, but to promptly yell at Patty because on Sunday, AJ let Sophia eat mashed potatoes out of the communal bowl, and she could have passed her throw up germs to me, or my kids, or other people that have been in contact with me, or my kids. Then, I got off the phone with her when she started to cry, because I was still being selfish and bitchy...and when I got to her house to pick up Casey, she handed me a latte. Seriously, I'm scum. And the people who love me are amazing. Thankful for Patty. And the fact that she loves me even though I'm a bitch.

2. Shopping at Toys R Us with Tobin. I went in for something we needed. We left with something we didn't need. An elephant. Tobin absolutely loves elephants. And when he saw it, he pointed, and got so excited, and smiled so big, that I couldn't leave the store without it. It made him so happy. And that made me so happy.

3. Hanging out with my parents and Shane. Instead of heading home after preschool, we went to my parent's house for dinner. It was loud and crazy, but it was good. Thankful for time with family. I needed it.

     Thankful for people who love me even when I'm horrible. Thankful for Patty. Thankful for my latte this morning. Thankful for toy elephants. Thankful for Tobin's smile. It could melt an iceberg. Thankful for dinner at my parent's house. Thankful for a day done well. Thankful for bedtime.



No comments:

Post a Comment