Saturday, March 29, 2014

What an awesome rainy Saturday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 453

     This day was awesome. "The perfect day," in Addy's words. We spent the day playing, watching movies, tickling. Lots of tickling. Matt thinks it's especially funny to hold me down and tickle me until I can't breathe. Naturally, the kids thought it was hilarious as well. Only Roxy was concerned for me. She barked and went crazy whenever Matt would hold me down. Good old Roxy. Standing up for her mama. Matt and Adelyn went on an ice cream date. She picked out a beautiful outfit. A dress, a pink sweater buttoned all the way to the top, blue pants underneath, pink cowboy boots, and a purse filled with lots of random treasures. Some pineapple juice, coasters, puzzle pieces, game pieces, and a little music maker that she pretends is a phone. She wanted to wear lipstick for her date, so I let her use some lip balm. She was so proud when she went downstairs to show Matt her outfit, purse, and make-up. Seeing her pose for her date with Matt made me want to cry. It was seriously, the sweetest thing ever.






     Thankful for awesome, sweet days with my loves. Thankful for rainy, lazy Saturdays. Thankful for lots of cuddles, hugs, and kisses today. Thankful for lots of tickling, even though it drove me crazy. Thankful for lots of big smiles, and lots of laughter. It was a day that fed my soul. This ordinary, lazy day in which nothing particularly special was going on. But when I think back on it now, the most special things were going on.





No comments:

Post a Comment