Thursday, March 27, 2014

Meow.

Project 365 * 4
Day 451

     The kids and I have this game we like to play. It's called, Kitty-Cat. I have no earthly idea how it started. We don't have a cat. And we never will. I'm highly allergic. No one we know has a cat. But somehow, this game started, and it's really fun and hilarious. And it's all we play these days. It goes something like this:

Me: Meow. (While pretending to scratch and paw Addy's belly.)
Addy: Oh, Kitty-Cat!!! Are you hungry?
Tobin: (Pretends to meow and gives me some sloppy kisses.)
Addy: I'll make you some food, Kitty-Cat. Oh, you're not feeling well, Kitty-Cat? Let me get you into bed.
Me: Meow. (I pretend to sleep.) (And sometimes I'm so tired, I might have, on one occasion or two, actually dozed off while pretending to sleep.)
Tobin: (Bangs me on the head with his pacifier, and makes a gurgled meow sound. More sloppy kisses and hugs)
Addy: Oh, Kitty-Cat! You sweet little angel. (Covers me with a blanket.) There, now. Is that all better, baby?

     Thankful for games like Kitty-Cat. Thankful for time to spend with my babes. These days will be gone before I know it. And when that happens, my heart will ache.


Tobin was not happy about Addy using his books. 


Adelyn reading to Tobin. 




No comments:

Post a Comment