Sunday, March 30, 2014

Over the river and through the woods.

Project 365 * 4
Day 454

     With the weather today, we really did have to travel over rivers, and through the woods to see my Grandmother. And Grandfather. It was an awesome visit! I love spending time with the people I love. It's always a little hectic with our four rambunctious kids running laps around their house, but my grandparents are so sweet, and so loving, they never mind. In fact, they welcome it.











52 People I Love

     I have the best grandma. I've always been proud that I have a grandma who loves to dance, and go sledding, and do things that most grandmas won't even come close to doing. I love how she is always thinking about her kids, and her grandchildren. She loves to give gifts. I don't think there has been one time when I've visited my Gamie, or had her visit me when she hasn't brought something for me or for the kids. She loves to laugh. She loves to play games. She loves animals. She loves to have fun. Her thirst for fun, laughter, happiness, and joy is an inspiration to me. And it always has been. If I had to describe her using only one word, it would be this: laughter. What a wonderful way to live life. I'm so thankful for all the sweet memories I have growing up as her granddaughter. I'm so thankful my grandparents live so close by now, because my children can grow up knowing her, and learning from her, and being loved by her. She's truly a beautiful person on the inside and out. And I'm blessed to call her my grandma.

52 Kind Things

     This week, I shoveled snow for two of my neighbors. I also shoveled a big stretch of sidewalk in my neighborhood. It wasn't that much, maybe two or three inches, but it still had to be shoveled. It was small, but small things make a difference. Even if it is the smallest difference, it's still a difference. And even though everyone else in Northern Virginia hates this winter and all the snow, I'm still loving it. I literally love it. And the snow gave me the opportunity to do something kind.

     Thankful for a great day with family. Thankful for my grandma. Thankful for all the kind and thoughtful things she does. She's an amazing woman, and I'm blessed to call her mine. Thankful for the snow this week. Thankful for the opportunity to do something kind for others. Thankful it's bedtime. It's been busy. But it's been good.


No comments:

Post a Comment