Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm thankful tomorrow is a new day.

Project 365 * 4
Day 434

     I'll be honest. I've been dealing with some anxiety and depression. Sometimes, while I'm driving the kids around, or just doing the dishes, I get bombarded with feelings of inferiority. I get overwhelmed thinking about the future. I get down on myself because it's almost summer time, and I'm not where I want to be. Losing baby weight is a bitch. Especially three years worth of baby weight. My mind feels fuzzy, and it's hard to concentrate. But here's what I like to do with all that crap:

     I like to drink some tea. Eat some sunflower seeds while I watch a funny show. Laughing out loud seems to heal what's ailing me. I do a bit of crocheting. I read. I lay in my fluffy bed, and I breath in and out very slowly. I say to myself, "tomorrow is a brand new day." And I take all of those bad feelings, and anxiety, and depression, and I crumple it up like a piece of paper. And in the same way one comes up for air after swimming underwater for a long time, I come up for peace. I pull myself out of the pits of muck and gunk, and I look back only once to say a very impolite, "fuck off." And then I sleep. And when I wake up, the day is new. And I can start over.

     Thankful that tomorrow is a brand new day. I'm ready for it.

Adelyn in her new sports mix class. She will learn several new sports over the next few weeks. She loved it. And it was super sweet and  funny to watch! :)

There were so many birds soaring in the sky today, we couldn't count them all. I think they're happy for some pretty days, too. 

The best picture I could get of Tobin today. He loves our neighbor's goose. It's funny...this neighbor has this goose, and a raccoon in her yard. Addy loved them when she little, and now Tobin loves them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment