Sunday, March 23, 2014

Why I Love Steph. & It has been a looong day!

Project 365 * 4
Day 447

52 Kind Things

     This week, I was shopping at the store, and I saw this little thing that I thought my friend would really love. So, I bought it for her, and I sent it to her in the mail. It was really small, but sometimes the smallest gesture can mean so much. I'm hoping my very small, kind gesture brightens my friend's day.

52 People I Love

     I got to see Steph yesterday when we celebrated Sue's birthday. We don't get to hang out often, but when we do, we always have the best time. We have such a deep history together. We were friends before Matt and I were even a couple. And even though I have given Steph reasons not to like me, she loves me so much. And then some. I remember the one time I screamed in her face. She didn't throw me away. She forgave me. And continued loving me. She has been there for me during the hardest moments in my life. It's easy to be there for someone when things are good. But when things are bad, and someone sticks around, you know they love you. And that's Steph. She sticks around. She's there for the good times and the bad. She's the kind of person that keeps on loving you even when you give them a reason not to. She is incredibly giving and unselfish. She loves to have fun. She loves her family. She loves to laugh. She's gorgeous. Inside and out. I feel blessed to call her my sister. I feel blessed to call her family. I love her so much for so many reasons, but perhaps the biggest one of all is that she's in it for the long haul. She sticks around. She thinks of me as a keeper. She always has. And I love her for that.

     Thankful that this looong day is over. Thankful for my glass of wine. I needed it after this day. Thankful for bedtime. Thankful for a peaceful, clean, quiet house. Thankful that tomorrow is a new day. I love new days. They hold such promise. Such opportunity.



No comments:

Post a Comment