Sunday, May 16, 2021

It would be winter every day.

May 16, 2021
Day 1,663

     Today was so good. The kids and I had eggs and bagels for breakfast. We played outside after breakfast. We played bocce ball. Then we played baseball. We watched Harry Potter and ate popcorn on the couch. I crocheted while the kids cuddled with me. Patty and Armando had a errand to do, so their kids came over to hang out. I made spaghetti for dinner. Everyone ate it up quickly. I made homemade chocolate chip cookies for dessert. The kids and I had a cookie and some ice cream for dessert. Then we read a chapter of Farmer Boy in bed before prayers and goodnight hugs and kisses. This day, and this weekend were exactly what I needed: to stay home, to be quiet, and to be surrounded by the loves of my life. I'm thankful I had today and yesterday to relax and refresh. 

     It felt like winter around here today because we were all so cozy and cuddled and comfortable. I didn't change out of my pajamas all day. I'm not saying I don't like spring, or fall, or summer. They have their place. But winter...winter refreshes and renews my soul like no other season. There are big sweaters in winter. Warm blankets in winter. There are big pots of homemade soup. Loaves of homemade bread. There is snow. There is ice. There is incredible light. Winter light is the best light. There are days when you have to stay home because of the weather. If I had my way, it would be winter every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment