Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Two people

May 19, 2021
Day 1,666

     I taught Tobin how to cut his nails tonight. For as long as he has been alive, I have been cutting his nails for him, and tonight, for the first time, he asked me if he could do it. I was hesitant because I like doing things for him. I love caring for him. He was beautiful, cutting his nails. I loved watching him. I loved watching his blonde hair. I loved smelling this skin, and watching his hands learn how to cut and hold the little baby clippers. 

     I had dinner with Adelyn while the boys watched hockey. It was good to talk with her and be with her. She is growing up very quickly. Sometimes I can't get over how beautiful and mature she is. We talked about doing another girl's day. We like to go to McKay's to look for new books. Then we go to Panera for some soup and bread, and while we're there we read our new books. Then we go to Kohl's to look for new earrings. It's great fun. 

     Thankful for two people named Adelyn and Tobin. They make every day beautiful and special and worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment