Tuesday, May 25, 2021

They are simple truths, but they are mine.

May 25, 2021
Day 1,672

     I think things are said best when they're said simply. Eloquent and flowery words and phrases and sentences just don't hold the same power as those that are spoken simply and with truth behind them. Words are powerful. Too many words when they're not needed are wasteful and superfluous. I think one of the most profound pieces of writing advice that I've ever come across are Hemingway's words: "All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence that you know." I come back to those words when I'm feeling like a blabbermouth. I come back to those words when I don't know what to write. They guide me, and I feel prompted to write what I know to be true. The truest sentences that I know are these:  

1. God loves me. 

2. Matt loves me. I love him. Our life together is beautiful and perfect. I never want for anything when I'm with the love of my life. 

3. There are two people named Adelyn and Tobin that I get to love and hug and kiss. They are the most amazing and wondrous human beings that I've ever known. I love them. 

4. I have a family that loves me. I love them. 

5. The house of my dreams did not stay a dream. I live in it with all the greatest loves of my life. It's real and it's wonderful. 

6. I am fully aware that I did not do anything to deserve this lovely life. God gifted it to me. I am thankful for God's blessings. 

     They are simple truths, but they are mine. And for that, I am thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment