Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Fun with Aunt Stephie

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 106

     Spent the day with Aunt Stephie today. We had a lovely day at Burke Lake. We had a picnic, and played at the playground. Adelyn was so excited when I told her we were going to see Aunt Steph today. I love her excitement and enthusiasm when it comes to spending time with family. Never a casual, "hello," when someone comes into our house. Her excitement is at the same level as someone just finding out they won the lottery. That much excitement. And I love it.

     Tobin tolerated the picnic and the park. He doesn't much like the heat. In fact, if we are ever outside longer than 45 minutes or so, and the temperature is above 60, he lets me know that he is not happy about it. We had a not so lovely ride home from the park. Tobin had refused to nurse because he was so pissed off about being hot, and Adelyn was exhausted. Steph and I could only exchange smiles while they cried as we drove.

     I'm thankful for fun days with family at the park. I'm thankful for picnics. It really is quite fun to eat outside on a big blanket. We should really do it more often. I'm thankful for my sweet children. I'm thankful for Steph. I'm thankful that our family is the kind of family that loves to spend time together. I'm blessed to have Steph as my sister. I'm blessed to have Adelyn as my daughter. I'm blessed to have Tobin as my son. Thankful that I get to stay at home with my loves. I'm thankful that I don't have to miss out on picnics and playgrounds and car rides where all my kids do is cry. I wouldn't want to miss one second. Even the seconds when my kids are crying. Makes cuddling when we return home that much sweeter.



What a face!


Watching his big sister play.

Tobin's cute foot.


Getting a little impatient, holding Adelyn's Rapunzel doll.


Grumpy.






     

1 comment:

  1. The picture of A running reminds me of Allison Mahoney for some reason?!?

    ReplyDelete