Sunday, April 14, 2013

Two things that made my day:

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 103

     Adelyn had her cousin, Ryleigh, over to play again today. I love watching them play together. It reminds me that play between children is not limited by age. Play is play. And all kids, no matter what age they are, are born knowing how to do it.

     I have two favorite moments from their day:

1. Ryleigh informed Adelyn that she had never seen her room. And Adelyn, who is very proud of her room, was more than happy to show her. As I sat and played with Tobin on the floor, I could hear them upstairs playing Doc McStuffins with all of Addy's stuffed animals. (For those who don't know, Doc McStuffins is a show on the Disney channel about a little girl who is a doctor to stuffed animals and toys.) I loved hearing them play up there. So sweet.

2. I found this in Addy's art corner:

A card Ryleigh made for Adelyn.

The inside of the card.

     Thankful for the sound of children playing. Thankful for sweet things like homemade cards. Thankful that Ryleigh could come spend the day with Adelyn. Plans are already taking shape for their next get together. I am told it should be a sleepover! And that we have to invite all the girls. :) Thankful for girlfriends.





Fuzzy, but I love his smile here. He's smiling at Ryleigh!


My neighbor's cat watching us paint this afternoon.











The girls watching a show, and having a little snack.






No comments:

Post a Comment