Tuesday, April 23, 2013

"What's wrong with you?"

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 112

     I've always felt less than normal. Because of anxiety. And panic attacks. Because a simple thunderstorm could--in the past--send me into the worst fit of panic, rage, and fear. Today, I was talking with Matt and Patty about something, and this is how the conversation went down:

Me: I do not want Adelyn or Tobin to turn out like me! I don't want them to live the way I do.
Matt: Why? What's wrong with you?
Patty: Yeah...what's so wrong about you?
Matt: You have two beautiful children, you're a stay at home mom, you're a college graduate...you are living the life of your dreams...so what if you're scared of thunderstorms?
Patty: Yeah, really...so what?

     Such a simple conversation. Such a great revelation.

     Turns out...I'm okay. There's nothing so wrong about me. Even if the word thunderstorm is meant to represent a list of fears so long, and so numerous, I could never list them all.

     Thankful for Matt and Patty. Two of my greatest loves. Thankful for their words of wisdom today. Thankful for conversations that pave the way for new revelations. Especially revelations that resolve an entire lifetime of feeling...wrong.



    

No comments:

Post a Comment