Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Cozy. Fluffy. Comfy. Warm. Home.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 119

     I love rainy days. I could live in Seattle. I seriously, LOVE them. They are just so comfy, and cozy, and warm. Today was no exception. And because I have two babies, and a very lazy pup to spend my days with...the comfy, cozy, warm and fluffy is bumped up to the highest measurable level of snug.

     We took our time in the morning. We kind of just lazed around in bed for a bit. Cuddling. Laughing. Playing. Talking. Around 9:30, we went down for breakfast. In our pajamas. Pajamas are the official uniform of rainy days. After breakfast, I left the dishes in the sink to do later, and we played some more. Did some arts and crafts. Adelyn is into necklace making. It's great fun. We watched some shows. We had lunch, then napped. We got up, and played some more. Danced a bit. Listened to Raffi. We colored. We had chicken soup for dinner. I keep a bunch of homemade stock in the freezer, so cooking up a big pot of homemade soup takes no time at all. The kids had nice, long, warm baths. We read books. And they are now tucked in their beds, sleeping away.

     It was the most productive unproductive day I've ever had. So little was accomplished, and yet, so much was accomplished. It was the most comfy, the most cozy, the most fluffy, the most warm day I've spent inside with my loves in a long while. And we savored every moment. I'm thankful for rain. I'm thankful for the feeling of cozy, and warm, and fluffy, and comfy. I'm thankful for the feeling of home. It's the best feeling in the world.








She was getting annoyed with my picture taking. Ha! What a face!



No comments:

Post a Comment