Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Tobin has a tooth, and it makes me want to cry.

Project 365 2 -- Day 91

     As Matt and I were putting Adelyn to bed tonight, I started to get overwhelmed. Just feeling like my day would never end. For Adelyn, it was bedtime. For me? Not even close. I still had to workout, clean the kitchen, pick up all the toys, do laundry, wash and fold diapers, write a blog post...the list seemed endless. As Addy was picking out some books, I felt it hit me. Like a ton of bricks. This day isn't even close to over. And I got frustrated. And I wished that it would come to a close.

     As I sat down to write this blog post, I remembered Tobin's tooth. Tobin has a tooth. His first tooth popped through today. And it made me feel sick. Not because I know that he will soon be chomping on me while he's breastfeeding, but because of time. Time marching on. Barreling on. It's actually, insane. How can my baby boy be nearing six months. Half a year. Half of a year has gone by already?

     It goes too fast. My boy has a tooth. And yes, I had a million things to do, and I was tired, but I really don't ever want to wish for days to be over. I can never have these days back. I want to use them wisely. And I want to savor them. They are sweet days. And these are sweet years. They only come once.

     Thankful for Tobin's tooth. It reminded me to savor these days. Thankful for my to-do list. It means I have a family to care for. And that's all I ever wanted in life. I'm blessed.

My sweet boy.


Drool.


Adelyn, telling me in a very sassy voice, "Don't take my picture!"

Still telling me, "NO, take baby Tobin's picture. Don't take my picture!"





No comments:

Post a Comment