Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I lost my way...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 105

     I feel like I sort of lost my way yesterday. I felt jumbled. I felt fuzzy. I was down. I made the mistake of watching a video of the bombing this morning on the internet. And it made me cry. Just so sad. So senseless.

     My day was shaping up to be exactly like my day yesterday. Sad. Weary. And then a friend posted something on my Facebook wall. And it reminded me that the whole reason I started this Project 365 is because I wanted to find the good. Everyday. There is good in every day. Sometimes it's just harder to find than others. And while, I did find the good, I focused way too much on the bad. And that's okay. I'm human. And every once in a while, we lose our way. But there are always those who love us who will show us the way back.

     I have seen this quote from Mr. Rogers all over the internet, and it's amazing: "When I was a boy, and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, 'Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping. To this day, especially in times of disaster, I remember my mother's words, and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers-so many caring people in this world." After I read this, I watched the video of the bombing once more. And Mr. Rogers is right. There are scary things. But there are still so many caring people in this world. I looked for them. And I found them. Running towards the blast.

    Tonight, I'm thankful for so many things. I'm thankful for these words. I'm thankful for this post. I'm thankful for family. I'm thankful for Adelyn's smile. I'm thankful for Tobin's cuddles. I'm thankful for afternoons spent outside with friends. I'm thankful for beautiful blue skies. I'm thankful for cherry blossoms. I'm thankful that on windy days like today, the cherry blossoms look like snow. I'm thankful for baby Enzo, my cousin's new baby. His pictures remind me that miracles exist. His pictures remind me to cherish these days with my babies. It wasn't too long ago that I was in the hospital with my newborn Tobin. And now, he's six months old. And he has two teeth. And he sits up on his own. Time goes too quickly for me to spend my days being sad. I'm thankful for beautiful days like today. I'm thankful I found my way, again.



































No comments:

Post a Comment