Saturday, April 6, 2013

Potluck Dinner

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 95

     We have a huge family. Huge. Even our immediate family is huge. When we have our family days on Sundays, there is 11 people in the house. So, when you add extended family to our 11...it gets busy, and crowded, and loud. But, there is also extra laughing. Extra hugging. Extra stories to tell. More babies. Extra hands to hold babies. There is more love. And I love that.

     Today was the first Potluck Dinner. The first of many to come. I think family is the most important thing in this world. And not seeing family for years and years and years...that's just not good. So, I came up with idea of hosting Potluck Dinners. That way, we have a ton of food, and not much to clean up, so we can maximize time spent together. Instead of being stuck in the kitchen preparing and then cleaning up a meal big enough to feed 20+ people.

     I had a blast spending time with family today. Thankful for family. Thankful for Potlucks. Can't wait for the next one. And I can't wait to have the first Potluck Dinner with my Dad's side of the family on June 1st! 
































No comments:

Post a Comment