Monday, April 29, 2013

These faces...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 118

   


     These faces make it all worth it. Today was a hard day. Yet, even on hard days, I am thankful. Thankful for the beautiful children I have been blessed with. They are the most amazing beings, the most precious treasures. I'm blessed to be a part of something so magnificent. The miracle of life. Tonight, as my sister and I left Wegman's together, we remembered a time, not too long ago, when we sat in the parking lot there, late at night. As I sat there smoking, and crying, and asking questions like, "why," I never thought then, that on this night, I would be leaving to go home to Adelyn, and Tobin. I never thought then, that sometime in my near future, I would be shopping for sweet potatoes, and pears, and apples, and peas to make his baby food. I never thought then, that I would leaving Wegman's to come home and peek at him sleeping in his crib.

     Thankful for my children. They make my life worth living. They make each day like Christmas morning. Truly. The best part of my morning is their smiling, sweet faces. And their hugs and cuddles. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment