Thursday, April 25, 2013

When Matt proposed...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 114

     The other day, I came across a post on Buzzfeed of the best marriage proposals ever. Loved it. I love a good wedding proposal. Most of the proposals consisted of songs and elaborate dances. Flash mobs. That sort of thing. They were awesome proposals. But the way Matt proposed to me was way better. Here's why:

     He took me to Miami. He arranged everything. Talked to my boss, and got me a week off of work. Told me to pack about an hour before we had to leave. I packed the most ridiculous bag of stuff ever. I couldn't concentrate. I was so excited. His Mom was living in Ft. Lauderdale at the time, so we stayed with her before we went down to Miami. The first night there was hellish. I caught this terrible cold, or strep throat, or something...can't remember what it was, but I remember asking Matt to take me to the emergency room in the middle of the night. That's how terrible I felt. We found a doctor the next day, and after a couple of doses of antibiotics, I was feeling so much better.

     The night Matt proposed, he took me out to this amazing Italian restaurant. The food was incredible. Our table was outside the restaurant in this little alley way. It was a gorgeous night, and our table was lit by lights strung across the whole top of the alley. After dinner, he took me to the beach. There was no light. Just the stars and the moon. There were no other people. Just us. We walked for a bit. Then, he stopped, and started telling me how much he loved me. How much I meant to him. He told me that he wanted to spend the rest of his life being my husband. And he got down on one knee, and presented me with the most beautiful ring. When I said yes, he picked me up and spun me around. Kissing me. It was one of the most magical moments of my life.

     I think the spinning part was my favorite. There aren't many reasons to pick someone up and spin them around. Unless that someone is a child. I would venture to say that not many adults get picked up and spun around by their significant other too often, if at all. So, being picked up, and spun around because Matt was just so happy I said yes...that's why. That's why the way Matt proposed to me was better. There was no audience. There was no flash mob. There was no song or elaborate dance. But, there was spinning. And there were many happy tears. And that moment was the start of the most amazing journey of my life.

     Thankful for my husband. Thankful for the way he spun me around when I said yes. Thankful for our love.






No comments:

Post a Comment