Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A jolly, jolly holiday with you.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 272

     I really like the word, jolly. I feel like most people associate it with Christmas. At least I used to. Still do, maybe. It means happy and cheerful. And the word has been stuck in my head ever since I watched Mary Poppins with Adelyn. On a side note, awesome movie. My favorite part is, and has always been, the part where they jump into the chalk picture. I love the song. It gets stuck in my head. And since it's such a lovely song, I've been serenading my children during our meals, bath times, while we're driving...just about all the time. It's stuck in my head, after all. Except I change the words. I take out the word, Mary, and replace it with Addy and Tobin. It goes a little something like this:
   
     "Oh, it's a jolly holiday with Addy,
     Tobin makes your heart so light.
     When the day is gray and ordinary,
     Addy makes the sun shine bright.
     Oh, happiness is blooming all around them,
     the daffodils are smiling at the dove,
     When Tobin holds your hand, you feel so grand,
     your heart starts beating like a big brass band.
     It's a jolly holiday with Addy,
     No wonder that it's Tobin that we love."

     At first, Adelyn thought I was being funny. But, then she really took to having songs sung about her. Today, while Addy was at school, Tobin and I ran some errands. We went to three different grocery stores. And at every store, people would stop, and just smile at my sweet boy. People would wave. Talk to him. Say hello. And I felt two ways. I felt such pride to be walking down the aisles of the grocery stores with my son. My precious, sweet son with a smile that could slice through sadness like a hot knife through butter. And I felt like it was a jolly, jolly holiday. Just to be out shopping with my boy. I'm so in love with him.

     Thankful for my children. Thankful that every day is a jolly, jolly holiday with them. I'm overjoyed to be the mama of two of the most precious souls I've ever encountered. Feeling blessed and thankful tonight. And every night.



   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment