Thursday, October 17, 2013

A moment of revelation.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 287

     It happened to me while I was feeding Tobin his dinner tonight. That's when it always happens. During moments that seem ordinary. I was feeding him dinner, and this feeling of joy/happiness/thankfulness/excitement washes over me. This feeling of, "I have something to celebrate." I've known it all along, and it's not new news, but all of the sudden, I look at one of my children, and I think, "he's mine." "She's mine." I watched Tobin eating his biscuit tonight, with soup dripping down his chin, and onto his bib, and I watched his feet, constantly kicking and moving about, and I thought, "he's mine." And the joy and jubilation I felt in my heart felt like Christmas morning.

     Thankful for my Tobin. Thankful for my Adelyn. I'm thankful I get to live everyday like it's Christmas morning because of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment