Tuesday, October 8, 2013

This day ended so, so sweetly. And I loved it.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 278

     Never mind the other stuff. This day could not have ended more sweetly. Not if I had planned it. Not if I was the star of a romantic comedy where everything ends happily ever after. I was wiping up crumbs and other messy food things from Tobin's high chair when a lovely song started playing on my iPod. "Free," by Zac Brown Band. I was bent over, cleaning, and telling Adelyn that she should ask her dada to do a slow dance with her because it was such a pretty song. Matt and I had been fighting over silly things. And I didn't expect to feel his hands pulling mine up from cleaning. I didn't expect to feel him hold me tight, and ask me to dance. He held me. Kissing me. Swaying back and forth with me. It was sweet. And short-lived. Adelyn found the remote. Our slow dance quickly turned into hysterical laughter at the song she changed to. The artist was Chuck Brown. The song? "Chuck Baby."

     We went walking after our short dance. The four of us. We collected leaves. We watched another magnificent sunset. We sat in the grass. Matt and I held hands. Exchanged smiles and kisses. We cuddled our babies. Put them to bed. And exchanged even more smiles and kisses.

     Thankful for days that end so sweetly. Thankful for slow dances in the kitchen. Thankful for hugs, kisses, and smiles. Thankful for another glorious sunset. I wanted to swim in all those crazy beautiful colors up there. Thankful for sweet babies. And a sweet husband. And a sweet pup. Thankful for a sweet ending to a sour day. Sweet always seems so much sweeter when preceded by a sour.

















No comments:

Post a Comment