Saturday, October 5, 2013

Time for another list.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 275

     So, ummm...been dealing with a little bit of depression and anxiety lately. It is so, so hard for me to admit that. This is my sixth attempt at this post tonight. I've written paragraphs, and erased them. Written more. Erased more. I've been sitting here, staring at a blank screen. Frustrated that I have to write about this because anything else I try to write seems forced. When there is something I need to say, I have to say it. If I don't say it, I get all blocked up. I can't concentrate. I can't think straight. Even admitting that I've been dealing with depression and anxiety lately, makes me feel like a failure. I mean, I can't even admit I feel depressed and anxious, without feeling depressed about it, and anxious about it. How annoying. I didn't want to write about this because my blog is about being thankful. But, I realized today, just because I keep a blog about being thankful doesn't mean that I will be immune to depression, anxiety, or sorrows. My blog is about the journey. It's about love. Life. Happiness. And sorrows.

     There are sorrows in life. Yes. There are hard days. There are sad times. Depressed times. Anxious times. But, there are far, far many more happy times. Good times. Times to be so thankful about. And when I feel depression and anxiety trying to weasel their way back into my life, I know it's time to start making thankful lists. Thankful lists are the best weapon against anything sad or bad.

1. Stephanie. She blessed our family today in a big way. So thankful for her. Thankful for her kind and caring heart. Love her so much.

2. Tobin's hugs and cuddles and kisses. I could hold him all day. He is the sweetest thing I've ever known. I'm blessed to call him, son.

3. Adelyn. She is pure light and sunshine. She is energy and life. I'm blessed to call her, daughter.

4. Family. I am blessed with the best family on earth. For real. What would I do without them? Where would I be without them? A scary place, no doubt.

5. Dogs that love me.

6. Friends.

7. Pumpkins. Fall things. I think tomorrow would be the perfect day for collecting red leaves.

8. Hot tea with honey. Coffee with lots of cream. Cream, not milk. There's a difference, you know.

9. Roasted carrots.

10. A full fridge. A full pantry.

11. Books.

12. Funny shows. I am currently watching, Arrested Development, on Netflix. Hilarious.

13. A comfy home.

14. Good health. The good health of all my loved ones.

15. Laughter. And love. I have an incredible amount of both in my life.

     There now. Feeling better already. Thankful for so many things to be thankful for. I'm thankful that being thankful is the best medicine I know.





2 comments:

  1. Kids are so beautiful when they sleep! It's the aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh moment when you can be 75% to 90% off duty. There is always an ear listening for that cough or scratch "mom" though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry your feeling a bit low today. Just know we all have those days and they too will pass. Sometimes being a Mom or just being older makes you feel like you have lost your place, not feeling like your the little girl anymore. Just remember Punkin,, you will always be my little girl and I love you.

    ReplyDelete