Friday, October 25, 2013

I love the sunlight in the morning.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 295

     I love the way the sunlight pours in the windows in the morning. I love the way it warms the house. I love the little pathways of light it makes on the floor. Little patches of warm space for dogs to sleep on. It was a sweet morning in our home. Pancakes. Art stuff in the art corner. And warm rays of sunlight beaming in through our wide open windows. I love when mornings take a while. I love when there is no place to be. Nothing to do. Mornings like this morning, I'll remember. It's funny...all those important places to be, things to do, jobs to work at...all those mornings when it's all rush, rush, rush...those mornings when it is absolutely essential that you get out the door on time, and it's the end of the world if you don't...the truth is, those mornings are forgettable at best. Mornings that take a long time, when you hang out in your pajamas, and you don't brush your teeth until you've eaten all your pancakes, and when you hang out long enough to see the sunlight pour through each window before getting dressed for the day...those are the mornings to remember.

     Thankful for a sweet morning with the ones I love most. There isn't anything sweeter in this world than being with them. Not even a plate full of pancakes drenched in syrup.




No comments:

Post a Comment