Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Unexpected Blessings.

 Project 365 * 2 -- Day 271

     Spent the morning with Matt's mom. And she blessed us so incredibly. Sue is the kind of person who will give to others generously without an agenda. Without needing thanks. Without needing recognition. She just gives. I woke up this morning worried. Thanks to her, I'm not worried anymore. Thankful for Sue. She's a good woman. And she's kinda been kicked around. And yet, in spite of all that has happened to her, she remains positive, hopeful, kind, and good. I was honestly blown away by her kindness today.

     Thankful for a great many things tonight. Thankful for unexpected blessings. Thankful for Sue. Thankful for her kind and generous heart. Thankful for the way Addy says, "I love you, Mama," when I say goodnight. Thankful for the way Tobin clings to me when he's tired. His head fits perfectly on my shoulder. Almost like my shoulder was meant for his head to lay there. Thankful for this day that started off stormy and hectic, but ended in a sweet peacefulness so thick it's almost tangible.











Look past the dirty mirror, please. Addy and Tobin like to make a mess of it. And you know what else, I have kids. Any house with kids is bound to have mirrors and windows with fingerprints. And not just some. LOTS of them.




   

   

   

   

No comments:

Post a Comment