Thursday, October 3, 2013

These shoes were made for walking.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 273

     Today, for the second time in his entire life, Tobin wore shoes. The first time, the shoes were just part of his outfit. I'm just not the kind of person that puts shoes on a baby. Not that there's anything wrong with putting shoes on a baby. I just never felt the need to. The only time we wear shoes is when we're outside. When we're at home, no shoes allowed. There are many reasons for our no shoe policy. The biggest being that shoes are dirty, and I'm an obsessive-compulsive germaphobe. But another reason I really love our, no shoes in the house policy, is that it makes our home that much more comfy. Kind of like how Mr. Rogers would take off his jacket and outdoor shoes, and put on his sweater and indoor shoes the moment he walked in his house. That's us.

     Anyways, today, I put shoes on Tobin because he has started walking. And he loves to be outside. So, we went walking. He still uses his little baby walker, but I'm certain any day now, he will let go when he sees something he wants bad enough. It was sweet and quiet on our walk today. He would stop and stand at attention whenever a car would start, or a plane would go by. He would pull at bushes as he'd walk by them. And stop frequently to pick up leaves. It was a funny feeling...putting shoes on him. This time last year, I was huge. Scared. Nervous. Counting down my final days of pregnancy. This was what I wrote on this day last year. And then there I was today, following my boy down the sidewalk. Wearing shoes. Walking.

     Thankful for Tobin. He is full of life and love and happiness. My days would be dark without him.







No comments:

Post a Comment