Friday, October 4, 2013

Sometimes, you just have to...

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 274

Take the scenic route.
     I met a friend, and my sister at Cox Farms today. I wasn't entirely sure how to get there, so I used google maps. And for some reason, unbeknownst to me, the avoid highway option was checked. Since I was already driving with my two precious babes in the backseat, I couldn't mess with finding the options, and then unchecking the avoid highway feature. So, we took the scenic route. Let me tell you. Virginia is gorgeous...gorgeous in the Fall. And you really can't see that driving on the highway all the time. It was a beautiful drive.

Go to the farm.
     Cox Farms was great fun, today. It was extremely hot, but fun. It was awesome to meet up with our good friends. And then later with Patty, AJ, and the kids. I love farms. Animals, hay, apples, pumpkins, hayrides, giant slides, barns, apple cider. It was simply, a lovely Fall day with friends.

Wear pretty shoes.
     I got out of the shower tonight, and walked into my closet to get a robe. I put on sweatpants and a t-shirt instead. While I was in there, I started looking through all my shoes. And I started trying them on. I'd put on a pair, and walk back and forth in my closet. Sometimes, a girl just needs to walk in pretty shoes. Even if it's just back and forth inside a closet while you're wearing sweatpants and a t-shirt.

     Thankful for a great day with friends and family. Thankful for the scenic route. Thankful for farms. Thankful for pretty shoes. And closets to hide in for few minutes. Thankful for the feeling of getting into bed after a hot shower. Thankful for Saturday mornings. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Haven't seen Matt in days. And we've all been missing him too much around here.
















No comments:

Post a Comment