Sunday, October 27, 2013

Texts from my husband.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 297

     There was a time when his texts didn't mean as much to me. I didn't fully digest every word he wrote to me like I do now. There was a time when I wouldn't text back. Or he wouldn't text back. Those were hard times. Sad and lonely times. I am so thankful those times are over. I am so thankful for my sweet and amazing husband. The man who has stuck it out with me for thirteen years. This November, we will celebrate eight years of marriage. I used to get upset thinking about all those hard times we went through together. But, then I realized three things. One, every marriage goes through hard times. Two, if everything was all hearts and flowers all the time, it wouldn't be a very strong marriage. There has to be hard times. The hard times make you stronger. Three, every great love story faces adversity. I've never heard a great love story that goes like this: Girl meets guy. They fall in love. They live happily ever after forever and ever and ever. The end.

     No. It doesn't go like that. Great love stories are never done being told. Our great love story is still unfolding. And as the years go on, and our love for each other grows deeper and stronger than we ever thought it could, I remain in constant amazement, I remain in a constant state of thankfulness. I hang on every word he says to me. I hang on every word he writes to me. My heart feels full and warm and whole because Matt loves me. I'm his girl. And I love getting love notes in the form of text messages from him all throughout the day. Thankful for Matt. My guy always and forever. Thankful for his texts. They make me smile the kind of smile you smile when you're passing love notes in class behind the teacher's back.



No comments:

Post a Comment