Friday, October 18, 2013

Mine has two names: Mama and Best Friend.

Project 365 * 2 -- Day 288

     Casey had surgery today to remove his tonsils and adenoids, and to remove his birthmark from the side of his face. Because Patty and AJ were both with Casey on this big day, my mom came out to watch Sophia. And Adelyn, Tobin, and I went over to Patty's to help. We had such a nice day. It was so good to just hang out with my mom. No agenda. Nothing to do but play with kids. No one to entertain. Just me and my mom, and the kids. Then, when she left Patty's, she came here to spend the rest of the evening. It was such a nice night. Lots of talking. Laughing. Tea drinking.

     I am so blessed and thankful to have my mom. She is a woman is who full of grace. She is constantly giving. She is constantly good. She is constantly loving. She is constant. She has been there since my beginning. I call her, mom. I call her, best friend. I am very much aware of how good I have it with her. And I'm extremely thankful.

     I'm thankful that Casey's surgery went well. And that he is already starting to feel better. Love my sweet Casey boy. Thankful for the time I got to spend with Sophia. Thankful for the time I spent with my kids. And I'm thankful for the time I spent with my mom. Thankful that I call her mom and best friend. Thankful that out of all the moms that exist in this world, that she is mine.



1 comment: