Thursday, February 13, 2014

Cheeks made rosy by the snow.

Project 365 * 4
Day 409

     It was a very good snow day. Even though Tobin and I are feeling sick. We still had fun. We still watched movies. We cuddled under blankets. We played in the snow. I always wonder what the neighbors think when they see us out there playing. Maybe something like, "oh, look at that sweet little family playing with their kids in the snow...what the...did that man just push his wife over into a snow bank? Did that man just chuck a snowball at her head? What's wrong with that guy?" Oh, Matt. When we play in the snow together, I feel like we're eighteen again.

     I loved kissing cold, rosy cheeks today. I loved coming in from the cold, and warming up under blankets. There's just something about cheeks made rosy by the snow that makes me thankful. After we warmed up a bit, I made some cookies. I tried a new recipe. Gluten free, oatmeal, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, chocolate chip cookies. Matt was actually pissed off that they weren't the regular gluten free chocolate chip cookies I've been making. He was mad. About cookies. Oh, Matt. When I make cookies, they MUST be chocolate chip, with no nuts. But not because he's allergic, and not even because he doesn't like them, but because nuts don't belong in cookies. He's nuts.

     Thankful for rosy cheeks. Thankful for homemade cookies that won't get eaten in about one hour because Matt doesn't like them. Thankful for another snow day. Thankful for all the cozy we had today. I love cozy. It's the best.



Just a barbie riding off into the sunset on Addy's bed. That purple thing is a horse, in case you can't tell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment