Saturday, February 1, 2014

Crocheting is my new favorite thing!

Project 365 * 4
Day 397

     Had a lovely, lovely day. I got to spend some time alone this morning. Matt watched the kids for about an hour. It was such a nice break. I came home to find Matt, Addy, Tobin, Patty, Casey, and Sophia outside enjoying the sunshine. Tobin saw me drive up, and walked his little self all the way back home as quick as he could to see me, and have me hold him and hug him. Tobin gives the absolute best baby hugs I've ever had. Made me smile and feel warm inside. We had a nice lunch together. During which Matt's mom came over to visit for the day. I love hearing Addy and Casey run up and say, "GRANDMA!" I love that because Sue is Addy's grandma, she is Casey's as well. It was so sweet to see them so excited to see her. And say other cute things like, "sit by me, Grandma!"

     After Tobin went down for his nap, Sue and I went out. It was so, so, so good to get out of the house with another woman for some shopping and talking. It was the highlight of my day. Second highlight of my day? Sue bought me some yarn and a crochet hook, and taught me how to crochet! I am so beyond excited. I cannot wait to make a zillion blankets, and scarves, and hats, and other fun stuff. And I cannot wait to be done with all I need to do for the night so I can crochet for a few hours.

     Thankful for a very pleasant day. Thankful for the sunshine. Thankful for time to myself. Thankful for time with Sue to go out shopping. Thankful for all the love she shows our family. Thankful she taught me how to do my new favorite activity--crochet. I'm super excited about making all kinds of soft blankets.



















No comments:

Post a Comment