Saturday, February 15, 2014

Tabula Rasa

Project 365 * 4
Day 411

     I love that. A blank slate.

     Today was hard. And long. I put my kids to bed feeling bad about the day we've had around here. It hasn't all been terrible. But, the terrible parts were pretty terrible. I hate the feeling of putting my little ones to bed when I wasn't all that I could have been, or should have been during the day. It happens. And it will happen again. I'm human. That doesn't change the fact that I wish we could do this day over again, though. And that I feel like a crappy mom.

     Tomorrow is my tabula rasa. A whole new day for living. A whole new day for patience. And kindness. A whole new day to show grace and mercy. Especially when none is deserved. Thankful for that. A new, fresh, clean, no mistakes in it yet, day is coming. And I get to sleep until it arrives.

     Thankful that it is 9:02, and the toys are picked up, and the kitchen is clean. I get to go cuddle in bed with Roxy, and watch some shows, and read, and crochet, and sip tea, and sleep until a new day arrives. And it will be a good one. I will make sure of it. Because I want to put my kids to bed tomorrow feeling good and happy and accomplished. Thankful for tomorrow. Thankful for a blank slate. And thankful for today. As hard it was. It reminded me that these days are fleeting. And I must do everything I can to make them good, and lovely, and memorable.



No comments:

Post a Comment