Sunday, February 23, 2014

Here is the reason I don't get out much...

Project 365 * 4
Day 419

     So, Matt's mom comes over today, and we go out for a cup of coffee...I get a call halfway through from Matt. He tells me that Adelyn has stuck silly putty on our brown couch and it won't come off. We come home, and get the whole story:

     Matt went out to the car for a second, and when he came back in, he discovered that Adelyn had put her brand new silly putty on the couch in our living room. Matt tried to remove it with ice and WD-40...among other things. While he was cleaning our couch with WD-40, Tobin climbed up our stairs halfway, and found a rawhide bone in Roxy's basket. And because Tobin puts everything he can find in his mouth, the dirty, bloody, disgusting, halfway chewed rawhide bone was no exception. While he was dealing with the rawhide bone incident, Addy had pulled a chair from her art corner into the living room. And for some reason, fell face first onto the floor while she was sitting in it. That resulted in lots of crying. Paired with Tobin who was already crying from having the bone taken away from him. I think that's when Matt turned on a show.

     Thankful that I got at least 20 or 30 minutes out of the house today. Thankful for my cup of coffee, and time with Sue. Thankful that I am SO very needed here at home. Things seem to fall apart without me. And while it can sometimes be frustrating that I can't get out for more than 30 minutes, I wouldn't trade my life for anything.

52 People I Love:

     This week, I am so very thankful for Sue. The thing I love most about her, is her kind and giving heart. She is incredibly generous and thoughtful. She is constantly giving gifts. She loves to give gifts. And her gifts are always so sweet. I've gone shopping with her. She looks through stores meticulously. She says things like, "oooo, Addy would love this!" "Do you think Tobin would like this?" "I should get this for Matt for Valentine's Day!" Stuff like that. She has to touch every single stuffed animal she comes across. She loves the candy aisle. If anyone is ever in need of a chocolate fix, just find Sue. She's got ya covered. She loves her family. For her, family is first. And she loves to cuddle on the couch. Whenever Grandma comes to visit, Addy and Tobin get lots of cuddles. She's an incredible woman who has gone through so much in her life. And through it all, she keeps laughing. She keeps smiling. She keeps on being who she is. Even when people talk about her. Even when she knows that there are people out there who think badly of her, or how she acts, or where she comes from, or what she does...she remains unchanged. She is who she is. And that's that. I love that about her. Such confidence.

     I'm thankful for Sue. I think she's an incredible lady. And she doesn't get enough credit for how incredible she is. She is constantly thinking of others. She is constantly giving. She works incredibly hard. Too hard, actually. And she has a huge heart for people. Especially her family. I'm thankful that she's a part of our lives. I'm thankful to call her family.

52 Kind Things

     So, there are lots of little kind things that I did at home this week. But, I felt like I needed to do just a little something more. So, I turned to the internet, and my favorite website on kindness. I narrowed my kindness search to something free, and something fast, and one of the things that came up was to send emails or messages to people. So, I decided to write just a couple of people a short message on their Facebook walls. It wasn't any big deal at all. Just tiny little messages to say hello. Or that I missed the person I was messaging. And maybe I'm a big dork, but I love getting notifications on Facebook that aren't, "so and so also commented on so and so's picture." It was small. And all the things I did at home were small, too. But small kind things are still kind things.

So, Grandma bought these cool papers for Addy. All kinds of different faces with lots of stickers. We had fun making some faces this afternoon. This one is Grandma. 

This is Aunt Stephie. 

This is Uncle Mario. Done completely by Addy. 

This is me. Done completely by Matt. 

This is Tobin. Roses for cheeks because his cheeks are always so rosy!

This is Adelyn. 

This is Tobin. Done completely by Addy. 

This is Casey. Done completely by Addy. 

This is Uncle. (Uncle AJ) Done completely by Addy. 






No comments:

Post a Comment