Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Every night, I have to...

Project 365 * 4
Day 407

     I have a few things I absolutely have to do every night before bed.

1. I have to pick up all of the toys.
2. I have to clean the kitchen.
3. I have to write a blog post.
4. I have to post at least two pictures of my kids in that blog post.

     Those four things are non-negotiable. I must do them. Or I can't sleep. Now, of course, the last two are super fun. I love writing every day. I love posting pictures every day. But, sometimes the first two things can seem as impossible as climbing Mt. Everest with a broken leg. Especially if it was a hard day. The thing I'm thankful for tonight is that Matt helps me. He helps me pick up all the toys, and he helps me clean up the kitchen. Those two little acts of kindness, Matt picking up toys and cleaning the kitchen, do more to show me how much he loves me than if he bought me a diamond bracelet for Valentine's Day. A diamond bracelet is a one time thing. A daily toy mess, and a messy kitchen? Well, that's pretty much forever.

     Thankful for my sweet husband. I love him so. Thankful for his help. Thankful that he shows me he loves me every day. By scrubbing dried egg off of frying pans. By collecting plastic dinosaurs and putting them away. That's how I know he cares. And it makes me smile.



No comments:

Post a Comment