Monday, February 24, 2014

I found my missing leg. Copycat.

Project 365 * 4
Day 420

     Because my kids have been sick with this damn stomach bug, we haven't been able to hang out with Patty, Casey, and Sophia. And because being separated from Patty feels like someone has chopped my leg off and thrown it into the ocean, it was a relief to hang out with her today. Honestly, a relief.

     Tobin, Adelyn, and I played a fun game during bath time tonight. Copycat. I would say, "point to your nose!" And all three of us would do it. Me first. Then Addy. And after he had watched Addy and I point to our noses, Tobin would point to his. With a great sense of pride and accomplishment. It was so fun to watch him copy us, and then be so proud that he could do what we were doing.

     Thankful for Patty. Thankful for my day with her. I missed her so. Thankful for Casey and Sophia and Adelyn and Tobin. They make everyday loud and messy. Also, exciting and sweet and fun and amazing. Thankful for our game of copy cat during bath time. It was one of those times that everything else kind of quiets down around you. And there is nothing else you're thinking about except what's going on right then and there. All I could see was two beautiful faces with piercing blue eyes, white hair, and rosy cheeks. All I could hear was laughter. All we were doing was playing a game. But maybe it's in those moments that feel ordinary that our greatest memories are born. Just an ordinary bath time on a Monday night. A bazillion things to do. But none of it mattered. What mattered was us. And our game. And the smiles and laughter it brought us. Thankful for moments like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment