Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I made it through this day.

Project 365 * 4
Day 415

     Tobin was sick today. Stomach bug. One of my worst nightmares. A huge fear of mine is vomit. It just sends me into this dizzy panic every time. Even at the mention of an upset stomach, my head starts spinning immediately. I'm just not too good with vomit. But I am so proud of how calm I stayed today. I only called Matt once. (Nevermind that I was calling to ask him if he thought I was having a heart attack. For real. That was my real question to him.) I held Tobin. I kissed him. I rocked him. I washed the vomit off of him. Held the bucket while he vomited. For me, those are accomplishments on par with climbing Mt. Everest, winning an Olympic gold medal, or becoming the President of the United States. I never thought I could do the things I did today. That's how afraid I am of vomit. But I did it. And this day is over. And now I can sleep.

     Thankful for the end of this day. Thankful that I was able to comfort my sick boy today. Thankful that I get to go to bed now. I'm ready to sleep off this stressful day. I'm hoping and praying it will be a peaceful night.



No comments:

Post a Comment