Saturday, February 8, 2014

This was the best Saturday.

Project 365 * 4
Day 404

     This was an incredible Saturday. We didn't go anywhere. We didn't do anything particularly special. It was just good. We had a leisurely breakfast. After breakfast, we watched a movie. In our pajamas, of course. Cuddled under blankets. We had lunch, and after Tobin went down for his nap, Adelyn and I set out on a nature walk. I love that my girl can spend lots of time outside doing nothing in particular. Just like I can. We can sort of just meander around for hours at a time. Just walking. Looking. Watching the trees. Listening to the birds. We love to be outside. When Tobin woke from his nap, he and Matt joined us. We went on a wagon walk, then to the playground, and then walked some more. We came in and had dinner, and while I cleaned up, Matt, Addy, and Tobin were playing fun games in the living room. All I heard over the sound of running water and dishes clinking was laughter. Loud laughter.

     The day was ordinary. Not a special occasion. No visitors. Just us four plus our furry girl. But, this ordinary, not so special day fed my soul. The time spent together cuddling, the cold, fresh air on our nature walk, staring at the trees, watching the birds, our wagon walk, playing on the playground, hearing my children and husband play in the living room...those are the things that kept me full and happy today. Those are the things that made me feel alive today. Thankful for ordinary days that turn out to be days that awaken something inside you. Thankful for ordinary days that stir up feelings of joy, peace, and thankfulness. Thankful for days that feed one's soul. This was one of them.
















No comments:

Post a Comment