Tuesday, February 4, 2014

After you.

Project 365 * 4
Day 400

     I had to run a few errands today with Tobin. Our first stop was the post office. The parking lot was a mess. Cars zooming every which way. I was trying to park, and several impatient people zipped past me. I had to wait for an angry line of drivers to pass until I could back into a spot. I decided then that I would spend the rest of my day letting people go ahead of me. Whenever the opportunity presented itself, I would wave my hand, and say, "after you." There was plenty of opportunities. Especially at the gas station. There were two things I noticed about my kind gesture today. One, every single person that I let go ahead of me waved and smiled at me. I would wave and smile back. That's something that's really not done anymore, and it should be. Two, letting people go ahead of me did not add any time to day. I still made it home right on time for Tobin's lunch.

     Thankful for the opportunity to do something good today. Thankful for time spent with my sweet little boy blue. Thankful that this day is over, and now I can go lay in bed and crochet, watch a show, and sip on hot tea.






No comments:

Post a Comment