Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Birthday, Patty!

Project 365 * 4
Day 482


52 Kind Things

     The other day, I watched Casey and Sophia while Patty and AJ went on a date. They left in a hurry, so they didn't had time to clean up the kitchen or pick up the toys. So, I cleaned up for them. I thought it would be nice for them to come home from their date to a clean kitchen and home. While one part of me thinks that cleaning up for them was just the right thing to do considering how much Patty and AJ do for us, the other part of me thinks it was a kind thing because I really didn't want to do it. Sometimes doing the kind thing isn't really the fun thing. Or the thing you want to be doing. Being kind is about making sacrifices for others.

52 People I Love

     We had Patty's birthday party today. And it was freaking crazy. I mean crazy. The four kids were straight up out of control. They screamed the whole time. They cried the whole time. They pushed each other. They didn't share. They interrupted. Pretty much, they were kids acting like kids, but when you have four little kids acting like kids, it just wears you down. Honestly, it was so loud and confusing, I couldn't even see straight. I couldn't get one sentence out correctly. It was just insane. So insane, I wanted to punch a hole in the wall. Or just jump off the deck screaming, "I can't take it anymore!" Sometimes, I feel like the Grinch. "Oh, the noise, noise, noise, noise!"

     One of our family traditions is to do affirmations for the birthday person. And we did them. But it was hard. Boy, was it hard. We tried as best we could to tell Patty why we loved her between the crying, screaming, yelling, and whining. And because I'm not sure if she heard all of mine, I want to tell her here, just how much I love her. I know I've written about her before in my 52 people I love. But, it's my blog. So there.

     Why do I love Patty? It's hard to put that into 50,000 words or less. She is my person. I go to her when I am happy. Sad. Excited. Scared. She is like my twin. She knows what I'm thinking by just looking at me. I know what she's thinking by just looking at her. She's honest with me. She believes in me. She's truly, the most generous, most giving person I've ever known. She doesn't keep a record of the nice things she does for others. She just does them. Just because that's who she is. She doesn't keep a record of the wrong things people do to her. She forgives them. That's just who she is. She is incredibly beautiful. And talented. And intelligent. If I didn't have her, I honestly don't know where I'd be. I would be lost. I would be lonely. I would have a lot less laughter in my life. The times that I've laughed the absolute hardest in my life, have been with her. I have the kind of laughs with her that you remember forever. I'm so thankful for her. I'm so thankful we get to live our lives together. There isn't one day that goes by that we don't see each other or at least talk four or five times. We depend on each other to get through the day. It's so nice to have a sister to lean on like that. I love her more than words can say. There just aren't words big enough, beautiful enough, or kind enough to say all that she is to me.

     Thankful for a good day. Thankful for the cool breeze. Thankful for the blue sky. Thankful for walks to the playground. Thankful for time to celebrate one of my favorite people, Patty. Thankful for cake and ice cream. Thankful for my family. Thankful for our family days. Even though they're so crazy sometimes, I want to jump off the deck. ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment